This easy recipe for country ham biscuits will have you rethinking your usual ham sandwich!
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 ounces sliced cooked ham
- Your favorite mustard!
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- Mix flour and butter together until it is crumbly, then stir in buttermilk until it forms a dough.
- Transfer dough to a floured work surface (I love to use my silicone mats for this) and knead it for a minute or two until it smooths out a bit.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle about 1/4 thick, and then cut it into 12 smaller rectangles, about 4 x 3 inches (they don’t have to be perfect!)
- Place them on a cookie sheet and bakes them until they are golden brown, about 15–20 minutes.
- Cool slightly, slice them in half, and then fill them with ham. Feel free to slather them with your favorite mustard!