Butternut squash and cheddar cheese are a match made in heaven in this easy butternut cheddar soup recipe! A warm and wonderful lunch.
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut chives for garnish
- Place squash and broth in large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. Puree in blender until smooth (or even better, if you have an immersion blender you can puree it right in the pot!).
- Return the soup to the saucepan over medium low heat. Add cheese, butter and sour cream and stir until heated through — do not boil.
- Taste and season to your liking with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives and serve!