Is there ANYTHING better than Thanksgiving leftovers? Especially when they are turned into this delectable turkey, cranberry, Brie and bacon panini.
- 4 slices country bread
- 4 ounces sliced turkey
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 ounces sliced Brie cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat panini maker to medium high (see note if you don’t have a panini maker)
- Brush one side of bread slices with olive oil (this will be the outside)
- Lay bread slice oil side down on work surface. Layer with turkey, then cranberry sauce, then cheese, then bacon. Top with second slice of bread, oiled side on the outside
- Place in panini maker and press down. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove, let cool for a minute, slice in quarters and serve hot.
If you don’t have a panini-maker (and here is a link to the one I have), you can still make this! Put the sandwich into a skillet, and then find another skillet – the heaviest one you have – and press it on top of the sandwich. Flip it after 2 minutes or so, put the skillet back on top, and cook until both sides are golden. Yum!