This fun recipe for Triple Threat Cake combines cookie dough, pie crust, cake and frosting for the ultimate dessert deliciousness.
- One unbaked piecrust (packaged is fine!)
- One batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough (I used the recipe on the back of the Nestle Chocolate Chips bag)
- One batch of your favorite prepared cake mix
- One batch of your favorite prepared frosting (yes, the kind in the can!)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- Lay unbaked pie crust in pie plate.
- Press enough cookie dough into bottom of pie crust to fully cover bottom but not sides. It should be about 1/2 to 3/4 inch deep. You will have leftover cookie dough (hurray!)
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions and pour over cookie dough until pie plate is almost full. You will have leftover cake mix (make cupcakes!)
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and frost the top. Add sprinkles, candles, sparklers and/or whatever else the occasion calls for.