This easy recipe for the classic creme brulee dessert features only four ingredients that turn into a special sweet treat for your next dinner party!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- Combine egg yolks and half of the sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Put cream, vanilla and the other half of the sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour a little of the cream mixture into the eggs and stir to combine. Then add the remaining cream mixture to the eggs and stir thoroughly.
- Strain the mixture through a cloth or fine strainer into a bowl.
- Place single serving ramekin dishes into a baking pan. Divide creme brulee custard among the ramekins.
- Fill the pan with enough water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake at 250 for about 40 minutes or until set.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, spread a thin layer of brown sugar on top and either broil or use a propane torch to melt the sugar.