This recipe makes cowboy cookies that are chewy and hearty and sweet and satisfying and full of delicous ingredients. Sort of like actual cowboys, maybe?
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (not the instant or quick-cooking kind)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Put flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder into a bowl and whisk together,
- Put butter and both sugars in a mixer and beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and then add the vanilla.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly spoon in the flour mixture, beating until just mix together. Add in oats, chocolate, walnut, and coconut and mix until just combined.
- Now drop tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheets, leaving the cookie dough two inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies just start to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on wire racks, making sure to test one while they are still warm. For, you know, quality control.