Spice up your breakfast with this pumpkin apple walnut french toast, which comes sandwich-style with the pumpkin in the middle!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1 Tbs cream cheese
- 2 Tbs applesauce
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whipped cream, maple syrup and cinnamon sugar for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except bread, eggs and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Spread pumpkin mixture on bread and put bread slices together sandwich style.
- Mix eggs and milk together in shallow bowl
- Soak sandwiches on both sides in egg/milk mixture.
- Heat butter in frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Cook sandwiches on griddle until both sides are lightly toasted.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh whipped cream. I like to shake cinnamon sugar on the top of mine.