This easy recipe for jalapeno poppers is perfect for your next tailgate. Or party. Or just when you want a spicy, cheesy snack!
- 18 fresh jalapenos
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 18 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- PUT ON GLOVES! (I get the box of latex surgical gloves at CVS. They are perfect for this sort of thing).
- Cut the jalapenos in half length-wise and take out the seeds and membranes with a spoon or your gloved fingers.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar and onion in a bowl until combined.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with cheese mixture.
- Wrap each bacon half-slice around the pepper and secure with a toothpick.
- Brush with bbq sauce.
- Now and only now may you remove the gloves.
- Bake in preheated 275 oven for one hour or until bacon is cooked and sizzling
- Can be served hot or at room temperature, if they last that long.