This easy recipe for cinnamon bun bread takes all the delicious flavor of cinnamon rolls and turns it into a fun snack cake.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp active dry or rapid rise yeast
- 2/3 cup milk, warmed for 20 seconds in the microwave
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
For Filling and Topping
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Icing
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1–2 tbsp milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with non-stick foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix flour and sugar together in a large mixing bowl
- Pour the room temperature milk into another bowl and add the yeast, letting it dissolve.
- Stir the yeast/milk mixture, canola oil, vanilla extract and egg into the flour mixture. Mix until smooth. Pour into the baking pan and let it sit for about 10 minutes while you make the topping.
- Mix up the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl until everything is crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of the dough and press the mixture down into the dough with your fingers. Swirl it around a bit with a knife so the cinnamon goodness gets incorporated into the dough.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for an hour, and then whisk the confectioners sugar and milk together to make a pourable icing. Drizzle it on to the bread, cut into squares and serve! Yum!