This easy recipe for pasta with baked Camembert cheese is a glorious and elegant version of macaroni and cheese that is good enough for a dinner party!
- 1 8 ounce round of camembert (the kind that comes in the thin wooden box)
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary with the leaves stripped off
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces pasta (I like short pasta like ziti or campanelle for this recipe)
- 1 pound baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Open the box of cheese and unwrap it. Put it back in the wooden box, or in a small baking dish if it didn’t come in a wooden box.
- Cut a circle in the top of the rind, then peel that part of the rind off and throw it out (see picture above)
- Lay the garlic slices on top of the cheese and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Scatter the rosemary leaves over the top and grind some fresh pepper on top.
- Put the cheese in its box on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes until soft.
- When the cheese has 10 minutes left to cook, cook the pasta according to the package directions. When the pasta is cooked, add the spinach to the pasta for about 30 seconds, then drain the whole thing together.
- Add remaining olive oil and grated Parmesan to the pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cheese from the oven and scoop the melted cheese into the pasta. Toss thoroughly and serve.