This easy recipe for mussels in blue cheese sauce is packed with all kinds of flavor, and ready in a snap! The perfect seafood supper.
- 1 two pound bag mussels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti (or whatever pasta you like), cooked and drained
- Rinse mussels, discarding any with open or broken shells and pulling off any of the beards (strings coming out of the mussels).
- Melt butter in large pan and saute carrots and onions for 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add mussels and white wine and cover until mussels are open, about 5 minutes.
- Remove mussels with slotted spoon into bowl and set aside.
- Add blue cheese to pan and stir until melted.
- Divide pasta among plates (use plates with a bit of a lip to them so that you don’t have spillage issues!)
- Top pasta with mussels, and then pour sauce over all. It is going to look like a LOT, but trust me, it’s the right amount. Those shells take up a lot of room. Make sure you have a bowl on the table so that folks can toss the empty shells into it as they go.