This summery recipe for summertime lobster corn soup is a smooth, creamy, dreamy soup full of corn and lobster goodness! A perfect seafood supper.
- Two lobsters, cooked and shelled, with the shells reserved
- 4 ears of corn, kernels removed, with the cobs reserved
- 4 ribs of celery, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 4 carrots, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 quart milk
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
- Chopped chives
- Melt one tablespoon butter in large Dutch oven. Add lobster shells, corn cobs, celery, carrots and onion and saute briefly.
- Pour milk over all, and add enough water to barely cover. Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to lowest level and simmer for eight hours.
- Pull out shells and corn cobs and discard. Strain remainder through a fine mesh strainer. Place strained liquid back in Dutch oven.
- Puree reserved vegetables and 1/4 cup of strained broth until totally smooth. Stir it into the soup.
- Tear the lobster meat into pieces and add it to the pot, along with the corn kernels, a dash of salt and a grinding of fresh pepper. Heat slowly until heated through.
- Serve, garnished with chopped bacon and chives.