This easy recipe for beef stir-fry with sugar snap peas will make you forget where you put that take-out menu! Full of delicious spicy flavor.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or white, if you prefer)
- 1 pound tenderloin steak, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces snap peas, strings removed
- 5 to 6 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- Ten minutes before rice is done, place steak in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch, and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook half the steak until browned on one side, 1 to 2 minutes (steak will cook further in step 3); transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Add snap peas, white part of scallions, ginger, red-pepper flakes, and 3/4 cup water to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until snap peas turn bright green, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return steak to skillet until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and mix in green part of scallions and lime juice.
- Serve with rice and lime wedges on the side.