Got ripe bananas and some chocolate chips? It’s time to make banana chocolate chip cake with this easy recipe – it’s the best snack cake ever!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, egg, melted butter and milk.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes. (It may have some melted chocolate on it but no crumbs)
- Vow not to listen to children who swear they will eat all the fruit you buy. Until the next time they ask.