Be grateful all over again with this easy recipe for Thanksgiving sandwiches. Put all of those turkey leftovers to delicious work!
I know, I know, it’s not even The Day and I’m already dreaming about the leftovers. And by leftovers, I mean this perfect, perfect Thanksgiving sandwich…thick slices of leftover turkey nestled between generous spoonfuls of stuffing and cranberry sauce, with a nice puddle of gravy. All served up on a soft roll, and now you are dreaming about leftovers too, right? And while it might not seem like a recipe is needed for a turkey sandwich, in my experience it’s all about how you put it together.
So, once the turkey is carved and the mashed potatoes are eaten and the pumpkin pie is sliced and you are once again hungry even though you swore you would never be hungry again, come on back to Framed Cooks and let’s make it!Be grateful all over again with this easy recipe for Thanksgiving sandwiches!Click To TweetThe first thing you need to remember is to pick up some nice soft rolls when you are out doing that Thanksgiving shopping. I like the rolls pictured above, but in a pinch hamburger rolls will do just fine. A soft roll is key to the deliciousness here.
Now assemble your sandwich fillings: sliced turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing and a little leftover gravy. You also need a little chicken broth. The stuffing and the gravy can get heated up quickly in the microwave, but you don’t want to heat the turkey that way because it will cook it into dryness (the horror!). Nope, heat about 1/2 cup of broth over medium low and slowly heat the turkey until it is just warmed.
Now the Vey Important Assembly. If you have hamburger rolls you can start right in with the assembly. If you have bigger rolls like the ones I used, you want to pull a little bit of the inside of the roll out, just to give a little bit more room for the fillings.
Start by spooning the gravy onto the bottom half of the bun. Now press some stuffing on top of the gravy, and then drizzle a little more gravy on top of the stuffing to hold it in place. Layer a slice or two of turkey on top, and top the turkey with a generous spoonful of cranberry sauce. Pop the top of the roll on top.
And there you have it. Thanksgiving Sandwich Perfection.
And with that, Framed Cooks is going to take a little break to make mashed potatoes and watch football and eat turkey and pumpkin pie and count my many, many blessings…including you, my wonderful readers. Love to you, and hope your Thanksgiving is delicious and joyful in all the best ways!Print
- 1 soft roll, cut in half
- 1/4 cup turkey gravy
- 1/4 cup stuffing
- 1-2 thick slices of cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Heat the broth in a small skillet over medium low heat. Add turkey slices and simmer until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the stuffing and gravy in the microwave until heated, about a minute or two.
- If you have larger sized rolls, tear out some of the insides to make room for the filling.
- Start by spreading almost all of the gravy on the bottom half of the roll. Top with stuffing and drizzle the remaining gravy on top. Press down gently.
- Lay the turkey slices on top of the stuffing. Top the turkey with the cranberry sauce, and top with the top of the roll.
- Take a big bite and have a napkin handy. Feel very grateful.