If dogs were allowed to have soup, I would have definitely passed her a bowl of this potato blue cheese delicousness, because if there is anything that can chase away the worries, it’s this.
So the next time things are either chilly or out of sorts or both, THIS is what I prescribe. Slurp up a bowl of it and see if you don’t feel much better.
- 3 good sized potatoes (either Yukons or Russets work well)
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh dill for garnish (optional)
- Peel potatoes and cut into one inch chunks. Slice leeks
- Heat oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and saute for about 5 minutes or until they start to turn tender.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Pour carefully into a blender and puree until smooth (or if you have an immersion blender you can blend it right in the pot!)
- Return to the pot and stir in the blue cheese until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve, garnished with dill.