Now, Cobb salad also always features avocado, and I wasn’t about to leave THAT out…and since I didn’t want to cook it, I chopped it up and scattered it over the wedges. And thus the Cobb Salad Frittata was born.
Leftovers are grand things!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ small head of romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup halves cherry tomatoes
- 8 eggs, beaten
- One avocado, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium high heat until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels, leaving drippings in the skillet.
- Add lettuce to skillet and saute until wilted.
- Put bacon and lettuce in pie plate, along with chicken, cheese, scallions and tomatoes. Pour beaten eggs over all.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve with chopped avocado.