Meanwhile back at the bacon guac, cook up a few strips of bacon until they are crispy, let them cool a little and crumble them up, using all the willpower you possess not to sneak little bites. While they are cooling, peel and pit two ripe avocados. Mash them on a plate with a fork or a potato masher until they are the consistency you like your guac (I like mine a little chunky, but you be you). Now squeeze the juice from a couple of fresh limes over the mashed avocado and gently stir. If you like your guac with some heat, shake in a little Tabasco, and add just a pinch of salt (the bacon is going to add a little extra saltiness).
Now lovingly stir all that together, and then stir in the bacon. And that’s all there is to bacon guacamole, except for breaking out the chips and digging in.
I haven’t yet had this slathered on top of a burger, because the Southern husband and I may have eaten the entire bowl before any vision of slathering it on a burger danced through our heads. But you KNOW that’s going to happen.` Bacon guacamole! My only regret is that it took me so long to figure it out…must go make up for lost time now!
Serves: About 2 cups
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- Juice from two limes
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Dash of Tabasco (optional)
- 1. Mash avocados with fork or potato masher until they are the consistency you like.
- 2. Stir in lime juice, salt and Tabasco. Mix gently until combined.
- 3. Stir in bacon, transfer to bowl and serve at once.