If you want to give your lucky eaters a generous serving of zabaglione you can dish it out in a champagne glass or a little ice cream dish as in the picture above. But if you want just a little perfect taste of something sweet after a big dinner, I often serve it in shot glasses. Fill them two thirds of the way with blueberries or chopped strawberries, then spoon over a couple or three tablespoons of warm zabaglione. Just. Plain. Perfect.
I’m off to find some peaches now!
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Marsala wine (or other sweet wine)
- Berries or chopped peaches for serving
- Put egg yolks, sugar and wine in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Using a hand-held electric mixer on high speed, whip the ingredients until they are smooth and slightly thickened, about 5-8 minutes. The custard will increase in volume as you whip it.
- Cool slightly, then pour over fruit.