As you have probably guessed by now, the potatoes in this recipe are joined by some cheery bright green beans, and dressed with a snappy mustard dressing that gives a little zing to the whole thing. Oh, and there’s a handful of bacon in there too.
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, cut in bite sized pieces
- ½ pound green beans, trimmed
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- Cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Cut any larger potatoes into halves or quarters.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in large skillet. Add potatoes and cook about 5 minutes. Remove to a mixing bowl.
- Add bacon to skillet and cook until crisp. Add to potatoes.
- Cook green beans in bacon drippings until just cooked, about 3 minutes. Add to potatoes.
- Add lemon juice and mustard to potatoes, toss gently, season with salt and pepper and serve.