Which is why it’s a triple win when summer is made from fresh summer veggies, is scrumptious to eat AND is easy to make. So gather up those summer tomatoes and basil and make yourself up some pasta with summer sauce. And enjoy these lazy, hazy days!
Serves: 2-3 servings
- 8 ounces pasta (I like spaghetti and linguine for this one)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound local tomatoes, chopped into one inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute tomatoes and garlic until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and add to skillet with tomatoes.
- Stir in butter and cream until melted and heated through. Taste and season with salt and fresh gound pepper.
- Remove from heat and toss with basil. Serve, grinding a little more pepper on top if you like!