You sign up for the wine club, and they send you a certain number of bottles per month that they have selected. We opted for three bottles a month in their Connoisseur Wine Club. Because we really want to be connoisseurs, and since we are currently far, far away from being actual connoisseurs, we figured we could use all the help we could get.
So one day recently, the UPS guy arrived at my door with the first shipment, which he didn’t feel the necessity to card me for even though the directions said someone 21 or older needed to be the one who signed for it. I know, but those places that card you automatically even if you are an AARP member? I love those places. There were two bottles of red, one bottle of white, and a booklet that told you what temperature to serve them at, and described their taste (stone fruit, honey, white flowers and minerals for my white wine) and gave you a suggested recipe to serve with each wine. And GUESS what the recipe was??
Of course, the Williams-Sonoma recipe was fancier than mine, but it was definitely in the same ballpark, and so a couple of evening later there we were, on a sunny summer evening, eating buttery lobster sliders, sipping a lovely white wine, feeling like happy connoisseurs of wine and lobster rolls and summertime.
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 lobster, steamed, chilled, shelled and meat torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ stalk celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoon dill relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slider rolls
- 4 pieces lettuce (I like Boston or Bibb lettuce for this)
- Mix together lobster, mayo, sour cream, celery, relish, tarragon and spices. You can make this part ahead if you want.
- When you are ready to serve, prepare the rolls (and do not even THINK of skipping this step and just using plain rolls. No, no, no.) Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the rolls, insides down, and cook until they are golden. Repeat with remaining butter and remaining rolls.
- Divide lobster mixture among the four roll bottoms, top with lettuce and roll top. Serve at once with chilled white wine.