So simmer up some chicken broth – I like the Pacific and Imagine varieties that come in the box, but whatever you like to use is A-OK. Now add a package of mini ravioli – you can find it in the refrigerated fresh pasta section of your supermarket. If you are going the soup route you really do need to use the mini variety so they will fit on your spoon. If you are going the stew version (less liquid) you can use the big kind.
Once the ravioli is cooked, add in some cooked shredded chicken (I got a rotisserie chicken breast that was exactly the right amount) and some baby spinach. Stir it up until the spinach is wilted and then season it with some salt and pepper.
Now, here comes the soup or stew decision. If you want to go the soup route, add a little more chicken broth or hot water until it looks, well, soup-like. If you want to go the stew route, simply ladle out the solid parts into warm bowls and then add just enough of the broth to make a nice sauce.
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 cups chicken broth, plus extra for thinning if needed
- One 9 ounce package mini cheese ravioli
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Bring broth to a simmer in a large pot.
- Cook ravioli in simmering broth for the time noted on the package.
- Stir in chicken and spinach until spinach is wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thin as needed with extra broth or hot water. Serve in warmed bowls. Feel warm and cozy.