The Southern husband didn’t seem to mind a bit. One of these days I will figure out exactly what a burnt end sandwich is, and how to make it…but personally I would be perfectly happy having just smashed potatoes and nothing else for dinner. Maybe with a poached egg on top? Yum!
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- ¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1. Cut potatoes into halves or quarters and put in a large pot. Cover with cool water and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 10 middles or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return to pot.
- 2. Mash potatoes with a potato masher until they are mashed but still have some chunks here and there.
- 3. Stir in sour cream. After sour cream is mixed in, stir in butter and mustard. Taste and then season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Put in serving bowl or on plates, garnish with scallions and serve.