My second words are about poached eggs. Specifically poached eggs on toast.
After many moons of driving over to my mama’s house specifically so she could poach me an egg, I finally figured out a fool-proof method of making them in my own kitchen (and click here for that one), so now I can actually make myself a poached egg on toast whenever the urge hits me. Which is often.
And then one day, it occurred to me that as glorious as buttered toast with a poached egg is, avocadoed toast with a poached egg might actually be as good. Or better. So I mashed up an avocado with a little salt and pepper and lemon juice, slathered it on some toast, popped a poached egg on top and tested it out.
Oh yes. Butter, I love you but you have some serious green competition here.
So now I will actually end all the words so you can make yourself some avocado toast with poached egg before one more second goes by!
Serves: 1 serving, can be increased infinitely!
- One slice Pullman or other good quality bread
- One half avocado
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- One egg
- 1. Toast the bread to your liking (I like mine nice and dark!)
- 2. Mash the avocado with a fork until it has just a few lumps in it. Stir in the lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3. Poach the egg - you can find my favorite poaching method by clicking here
- 4. Spread the avocado on the toast, top with the poached egg and enjoy immediately!