So if you are looking for a great fall sandwich, look no further…you’ve found it!
Serves: 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices heart white bread
- 6 thin slices rare roast beef
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. Layer the roast beef and pear on two bread slices.
- 2. Mash the blue cheese and the mayo with a fork and spread on the remaining two bread slices. Place those slices cheese side down on top of the slices with the roast beef and pear.
- 3. Butter the outside of both sides of the sandwich.
- 4. Place in a cold saute pan or electric griddle. Turn heat to medium and cook for about 3 minutes or until golden. Carefully flip to the other side and cook until that side is golden.
- 5. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
Shared with permission of the author from THE PREPPY COOKBOOK