So if you (like I) feel like the start of corn season REALLY ought to be named a national holiday, please make this summertime supper as soon as humanly possible. Because you are going to want to make it again and again, and corn season is fleeting. Go get some, and usher in corn season in style!
- 1 cup white rice
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cut into one inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1¼ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob and cobs discarded
- Prepare rice according to package directions
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove with tongs to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add oil to skillet and return the heat to medium high. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Carefully pour in the wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- 5.Add the shrimp, corn,and simmer until the shrimp is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over warm rice.
Adapted from Real Simple