I added in a few walnuts for some crunch, and a little fresh basil because I am pretty much adding fresh basil to every single thing I make these days. (I love basil season!)
And with that, you have a colorful and delicious and super easy supper to celebrate summer with…happy pasta primavera and happy summer!
- 8 ounces short pasta (I like campagnelle for this recipe, but penne or ziti will work just as well)
- 1 small summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup half and half
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding in the asparagus and squash in the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Scoop out ½ cup of pasta water, and then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the ricotta and the half and half. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and thin with the pasta water as needed to make a light sauce.
- Gently toss together pasta with cooked vegetables and the sauce. Add the cherry tomatoes and walnuts and gently toss again. Scatter with basil, grind some fresh pepper on top and serve!