And speaking of princesses, and just so I can keep my unblemished record of not putting up any posts that don’t have at least ONE picture of something beautiful, here’s a totally unrelated picture of the Southern daughter looking like a princess.
I know, I know. But mamas are allowed to work their babies into any conversation, even one about clam chowder baked potatoes!
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed, baked and slightly cooled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 6 ounce cans minced or chopped clams, drained and juice reserved
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 (or if you have baked the potatoes in the oven, just leave it on. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut an oval in the top of each of them. Carefully scoop out the insides and put in a medium sized bowl.
- 2. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add shallot and celery and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- 3. Add ¼ cup reserved clam juice and 2 tablespoons butter to potato insides and mash well. Add heavy cream in small amounts until the potatoes are the consistency you like (they should look like regular mashed potatoes - you might not need all the cream.
- 4. Stir celery mixture and minced clams into the potatoes, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Stuff the potato shells with the mashed potato mixture. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until warmed through, about 10-15 minutes. Serve at once.