And to make things even better, deconstructed lasagna requires exactly zero time in the oven. When your pasta is done, simply put a nice steaming pile of it on everyone’s plate and then layer on your favorite lasagna ingredients…start with the sauce and then go from there. You could even do this one buffet style and let everyone choose their own.
Plus when you say you are making deconstructed lasagna for dinner…well, let’s just say that it’s a great conversation starter. Now go deconstruct your lasagna, and in the meantime I’m going to see what else I might possibly pull apart in my kitchen…
- 12 ounces wide pasta (tagliatelle, fettuccine, etc)
- 2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Any other lasagna ingredients you like! Diced mozzarella, sauteed ground beef and sausage...get creative!
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat tomato sauce and assemble other topping ingredients. If you are adding meat or veggies, stir them into the tomato sauce.
- Divide hot pasta among four plates. Top first with sauce, then with ricotta, parmesan, herbs and ground pepper. Serve at once.