When they are just about done, swirl in a generous dollop of ricotta cheese. I like to make my own ricotta right before the eggs so it is still nice and warm, but if you are using store ricotta just make sure you bring it to room temperature first. A handful of chopped fresh chives gently stirred in, drizzle the whole thing with a little olive oil…and I promise, you will never ever think of scrambled eggs the same way again.
The incredible edible egg!
Serves: 1 wonderful serving, but easily doubled, tripled, etc!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup ricotta at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Whisk eggs and milk thoroughly together (I also like to scramble eggs by shaking the eggs and the milk vigorously in a mason jar.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add eggs. Cook until eggs are soft-set, stirring gently from time to time.
- When eggs are just set, gently stir in ricotta and chives.
- Transfer to plate, drizzle a little olive oil on top and serve.