My current tortilla chip obsession is the Garden of Eatin’ Guacamole chips. They are slightly green and perfectly salty and crunchy with a little hint of guacamole taste. I have to seriously pace myself when I have a bag of these in the house.(And just for the record, the Garden of Eatin’ folks have never heard of me or my blog. I love their chips anonymously from afar. And I’ve had many tortilla chips in my day, so please consider this expert advice.)
Anyhow…the next time you have some leftover chicken about about 15 minutes on your hands, give this chicken salad a whirl. Shortly after I served mine up, this was all that was left.
When all that’s left over is a teaspoonful of salad dressing, you know you’ve done good.
Serves: 4 servings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 cucumber, cut lengthwise into quarters and sliced
- 3-4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesamed seeds
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1. Make dressing by combining oils, juice and sugar in a jar. Close the lid tightly and shake until well-combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2. Combine chicken, lettuce and cucumber in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat thoroughly.
- 3. Add sesame seeds and tortilla chips and toss again. Serve at once.