And then you dip it in chocolate.
And then you wipe happy salty tears from your eyes, and you live happily ever after.
Recipe adapted from Cooks Country
S’Mores Refrigerator Cookies from Framed Cooks
Black Pepper Cookies from Leite’s Culinaria
Shortbread Cookies from Serious Eats
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup reduced fat potato chips, crushed fine (put them in a zippered plastic bag and roll them with a rolling pin to crush them
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted and chopped very fine
- ¼ teaspoon salt (yes, really! Don't leave it out.)
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into 8 pieces and slightly softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine potato chips, flour, pecans and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and both sugars in a mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes.Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture until completely combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Flatten dough balls with your fingers until they are ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 5 minutes, rotate cookie sheet and bake for another 5 minutes, watching the cookies during the second 5 minutes to make sure they don't get too brown. Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then cool completely on a rack.
- Melt the chocolate slowly in a double boiler, stirring until smooth. Dip each cookie almost halfway in chocolate, place on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper and refrigerate until chocolate has hardened.