I think that might have been something like “please go make some grilled figs stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped with with prosciutto as soon as humanly possible.”
Well, okay then! And you should too…the figs will be gone before we know it.
- 12 good-sized fresh figs
- ¼ cup soft goat cheese
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. Heat grill to medium high.
- 2. Cut a slit in the side of each fig and gently pull the fig open. Push a spoonful of goat cheese into each fig.
- 3. Wrap each fig with a piece of prosciutto.
- 4. Grill the figs about 1-2 minutes per side until the prosciutto starts to get a little crispy.
- 5. Mix the vinegar and honey together, drizzle over the grilled figs and serve!
Recipe adapted just a little from Taste of the South
Fried Goat Cheese and Fig Salad from Framed Cooks
Yogurt with Caramelized Figs from The Kitchn
Fresh Figs with Ricotta and Honey from Leite’s Culinaria