Once you are all set with the chicken, you’re going to mix up a quick sauce of chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and honey that is going to turn into something more delicious than any take-out you’ve ever eaten. Now comes the fun part – the stir-frying! Add a little olive oil to your frying pan and crank up the heat until it is HOT. Add the chicken and stir it around until it is cooked through – with those small pieces it is going to take about 3-5 minutes. Finish it off in the last 30 seconds with some chopped garlic and then transfer it to a plate.
Next you are going to toss in a few of these. You can either cut them in bite sized pieces, or just snap off the stems and let everyone fend for themselves like I do.
Stir these guys around for about three minutes and then add your chicken back in, along with the cashews. Stir for another minutes (we know understand why “stir-fry” is such a great name) and now pour in your honey sauce. Stir stir stir, and in about one more minute it is going to thicken up into a gorgeous, silky-sweet sauce.
Now all that is left for you to do is pour the whole thing over a bowl of spaghetti, give it a toss or two, and dig in. Who needs take-out ever again??
Chicken Sesame Noodles, from Framed Cooks
Sake Steamed Chicken, from Framed Cooks
Gung Bao Chicken, from Leite’s Culinaria
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders (or boneless chicken breast, cut up into 3 inch strips)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh string beans, trimmed
- ½ cup salted cashews
- ½ pound freshly cooked spaghetti
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Stir in honey.
- Add olive oil to large skillet and heat over high heat for about 2 minutes. Add chicken and stir until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic in the last 30 seconds or so of cooking. Transfer to plate.
- Add string beans to skillet and stir for about 3 minutes. Return chicken to skillet along with string beans and stir for another minute.
- Give the sauce one more stir and add to skillet. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened and everything is coated well, about one minute.
- Pour chicken mixture over hot spaghetti and toss until combined. Serve at once.