Grilled Clams with Lemon Ginger Butter
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 6½-inch-thick diagonal baguette slices
- 2 pounds Manila clams, scrubbed
- 1.Prepare barbecue (high heat). Using spatula, blend butter, minced shallot, minced fresh parsley, fresh lemon juice, minced fresh ginger, and finely grated lemon peel in small bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper. Thinly spread lemon-ginger butter on 1 side of each bread slice. Arrange clams in single layer in disposable aluminum pan. Place pan on grill, cover barbecue, and cook just until clams open, 8 to 10 minutes (discard any clams that do not open).
- 2. Using slotted spoon, transfer grilled clams to 2 shallow bowls. Grill bread until slightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add remaining lemon-ginger butter to juices in pan; stir on grill until melted. Pour juices from pan over clams. Serve with bread.
Recipe from Epicurious