- Your favorite chocolate sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- ¾ cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8½-inch-thick angel food cake slices
- 24⅓-inch-thick diagonal banana slices (from about 3 bananas)
- ⅓ cup (about) sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Whisk mascarpone, amaretto, sugar, and 2 tablespoons cream in medium bowl until blended.
- 2. Using 2½-inch-diameter cookie cutter, cut out round from each angel food cake slice, or just cut into irregular pieces - either is fine. Place 1 cake round in each of 4 wine goblets or old-fashioned glasses.
- 3. Top each cake round with 3 banana slices, 1 heaping tablespoon mascarpone mixture, bittersweet chocolate sauce, and sprinkling of almonds. Repeat parfait layering 1 more time and serve.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit