Smoked Salmon Silver Dollar Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Smoked salmon with sour cream and chopped scallions
- Ricotta cheese, fresh thyme and olive oil
- Anything else your heart desires!
- 1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 2. In separate larger bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter and egg.
- 3. Add flour mixture to milk mixture and whisk until just moistened...you will still have a few lumps.
- 4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and drop batter by tablespoons (no more!) onto skillet. Cook about 2 minutes until bubbles appear on top and bottom is golden. Flip and cook one minute more.
- 5. Cool slightly, then top with a spoonful of sour cream and a little smoked salmon. Sprinkle with chopped scallions.
Recipe adapted from Everyday Food