Grilled Rosemary Merlot Flank Steak
1 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 cup low-salt beef broth
3/4 cup Merlot or other dry red wine
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
your choice of vegetables to grill
salt and pepper
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes, turning once.
2. Preheat oven to 425. Line baking tray with foil and lay veggies in a single layer. Spray or mix with a little olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Roast for 10-15 minutes. Remove and let cool.
3. Remove steak from bag, reserving marinade. Heat grill to high and cook steak 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices; keep warm.
4. While steak cooks, combine reserved marinade, tomato paste, and mustard in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring well with a whisk. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 7 minutes).
5. Arrange grilled veggies over lettuce on each plate. Place sliced steak alongside veggies, pouring a little merlot sauce over the top.
Steak recipe from Cooking Light