Recipe adapted from Simply Elegant Country Foods : Downhome Goes Uptown 
Linguine in Herbed Artichoke Sauce
- One pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil, or one teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ten ounce package frozen quartered artichoke hearts, thawed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Heat butter and oil in skillet and add onions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Raise heat and add wine and broth. Stir until boiling, then stir in herbs and tomato paste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta and drain. Return to pot.
- Stir cream into the sauce, heat to almost boiling and then pour sauce over pasta and toss.
- Grind fresh pepper over top and serve.