- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock, or more as needed
- 1 sprig each fresh rosemary, thyme and sage
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin and onion and saute until lightly browned (you may have to do this in batches).
- Transfer to slow cooker and pour in enough chicken broth to cover the pumpkin. Tie all the herbs and spices into a piece of cheesecloth and add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for four hours.
- After four hours, remove herbs and puree the soup with a blender. Stir in heavy cream. Ladle into bowls and garnish with cinnamon and toasted pumpkin seeds.