Sesame Noodles with Cucumber Cashew Salad
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 eight ounce package soba noodles (or linguine)
- Sesame seeds for garnish1 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 3/5 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix garlic, ginger and scallions. Mix in peanut butter and tahini. Add chili paste and soy sauce and stir well. Add ½ cup hot water from the pot and stir into sauce. Add cilantro.
- 3. Make salad by mixing cucumber, cashews, sesame oil and vinegar in a separate small bowl. Set aside.
- 4. Add noodles to boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain and run under cold water until cool. Drain again and toss with sauce until well-coated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with cucumber salad on the side.