- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 firm-ripe avocados
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (I used iceberg)
- ½ cup coarsely crumbled tortilla chips
- 1. Stir together tomatoes, onion, parsley, chile, ketchup, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt.2. Stir in shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Mash avocados with remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice and ½ teaspoon salt.
- 4. Divide lettuce among jars and layer shrimp mixture, avocado, and crumbled chips on top.
Shrimp in a Jar, adapted from Epicurious