Ravioli with Brown Butter and Sage
- Ravioli with Brown Butter and Sage, adapted from Real Simple
- 1 package cheese ravioli
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium shallots, sliced thinly
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- 2. Heat butter in a skillet over medium low heat until it foams. Add shallots and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the sage and cook until leaves turn slightly crisp, another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Add cooked ravioli to the skillet and toss gently. Add ⅓ cup parmesan and toss gently again. Divide among dishes and top with remaining parmesan and another grinding of fresh pepper.
- Click here for printable recipe