Shrimp and Andouille Sausage with Grits
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup grits
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ½ pound andouille sausage, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Olive oil and salt and pepper
- Cook grits according to package directions.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Broil until lightly charred, 8 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add andouille and cook until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer andouille to a plate and reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic and scallion whites to skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour. Whisk in broth and cream. Cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits from skillet, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and andouille and cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, top grits with shrimp mixture and sprinkle with scallion greens. Serve with tomatoes.