Black Pepper and Lime Fries

For me, summer cooking is all about the grill wherever possible. Steak, chicken, seafood, corn, grilled pizza(happy happy sigh)…and since the Southern husband is an impresario at the grill, life in the summer is even better. There’s nothing like sitting on your back steps, glass of merlot in hand, watching the love of your life do the cooking.However, it DOES entail coming up with more side dishes than I, lover of one dish cooking, am normally used to, so I am always doubly happy when I come across a really fun one. These lime fries are from the fabulous 101 Cookbooks blog, and they are both super-easy and very yummy. And pretty darn healthy, as they are the variety of fries that cook in the oven with just a drizzling of olive oil. They involve lots and lots of black pepper, and for that extra zing (here’s the part that especially caught my eye), a drizzling of lime juice and some fresh grated lime peel.Some grilled steak/chicken/seafood, some lime fries, a warm summer evening…ah yes.

Black Pepper and Lime Fries, adapted from 101 Cookbooks
Black Pepper and Lime Fries

Serves: serves 4-6

• 1½ pounds small potatoes, cut into wedges
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • sea salt
  • freshly ground pepper
  • 1 lime, zested and cut into wedges
  • ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated (with a microplane grater if you have one)
  1. 1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. 2. In a medium bowl toss the potato wedges with the olive oil, about a teaspoon of sea salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Arrange the potatoes cut side down on a baking sheet.
  3. 3. Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
  4. 4. When the potatoes are done, grind more pepper on top, drizzle with lime juice, sprinkle with lime zest and parmesan cheese and serve.
Yum

Comments

1. Grumpy and HoneyB says:

I absolutely love this! Will be a definite make for me!

2. SMITH BITES says:

You had me at 'potato'! I love all things potato but have never, ever thought to add lime . . . until now – these will be on our summer list for sure!

3. Oh this would certainly be tasty! I love lime and black pepper. What a great way to zing up fries! Thanks for the share!

4. Kate Morgan Jackson says:

I'm so glad you guys like it — the lime part makes it so great and summery! :)

5. oneordinaryday says:

I've done this flavor combo on popcorn (yum!) but never even thought to make french fries. Yours looks delicious!!

6. Deborah says:

I have got potatoes galore right now – and I'm going to be making these with them, I think!!

7. Anonymous says:

Que buenooooooooo po si yo cocinero / u. jajaja Un saludo

8. i just made these with dinner tonight. they were AMAZING!!!! we topped them with leftover chili and cheese. these fries are going on the "make for company list" thanks so much!!!

9. These look delicious – I love anything with citrus zest

10. Kamakshee says:

Its look very delicious…..i am crazy for potato

11. I linked to you on my (newish) blog. your lime fries are amazing, like life-changing potatoes, and they inspired me to do lemon potatoes. Thank you so much, i hope you don't mind me referencing you, let me know if its a problem :) here is the link:

12. clippingimages says:

spicy recipe & easy to follow……..