Shrimp and Grits with Artichoke Hearts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package artichoke hearts, thawed
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ stick butter
- 2 cups cooked grits
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add artichokes and saute 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, shrimp and garlic and saute 6 minutes. Add lemon juice, ⅛ stick butter, salt and pepper. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- 2. Cook grits according to package directions and reduce heat to low. Cook 7 minutes or until thick Stir in cheese and remaining butter and stir until melted.
- 3. Ladle grits onto plates and top with shrimp and artichokes. Grind fresh pepper over all.