Salted Toffee Chocolate Squares
- 12 graham crackers broken into squares
- 1 8 oz bag toffee pieces (found in the baking aisle)
- 1½ cups roasted, salted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- Set the oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil.
- Lay the graham crackers on the baking sheet, touching each other. Sprinkle the toffee pieces and the chopped almonds evenly over the crackers. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for a few minutes, until the mixture has the consistency of a syrup. Remove from heat and pour over the graham crackers, trying to soak all of them.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until the top is bubbly. Remove and immediately sprinkle with the chocolate chips and sea salt. Let cool for about 10 minutes, and then use a pizza cutter to cut into 2 inch squares. Transfer the squares to a cooling rack.