- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Assorted toppings for coating bananas (such as crushed oreos, toffee bits, chopped Butterfinger candy bars, chopped salted peanuts, or toasted shredded coconut)
- 3 bananas, peeled, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- Stir chocolate and oil in heavy small saucepan over low heat just until smooth. Let stand 15 minutes to cool.
- Place each topping in separate shallow dish. Line baking sheet with foil. Arrange banana slices on foil. Using fingers, dip 1 banana slice in chocolate, coating completely. Shake off excess chocolate. Drop dipped banana in 1 topping. Using clean hand, sprinkle more topping over banana to coat; transfer to foil-lined sheet. Repeat with remaining bananas, chocolate, and toppings. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours, then serve.