3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 shallot, peeled
i clove garlic, peeled
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
Salt and fresh ground pepper
3/4 cup olive oil
12 baguette slices
2 tablespoons olive oil, toasted
your favorite spreadable cheese -- Brie, Boursin, etc.
8 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
1 tablespoon butter
10 cups of your favorite lettuce variety
1. First, make dressing by processing vinegar, mustard, shallot, garlic, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in blender or small food processor for 15 seconds. Add oil and process until emulsified, about 15 seconds.
2. Drizzled baguette toasts with olive oil and spread with your favorite cheese, set aside.
3. Fry eggs in butter until desired doneness (about 2 minutes for soft yolks, 3 for soft set and 4 for firm set.)
4. While eggs are cooking, toss lettuce with bacon and enough dressing for your taste (start with 1/3 cup and add more as needed). Divide among plates.
5. When eggs are done, slide one onto each plate and arrange cheese toasts around the edge. Grind fresh pepper over all and serve.